Saturday, June 25, 2011

Blood Orange Jalapeño Martini

Last time we were in Vegas, they made us this drink at the Aureole at the Mandalay Bay.  Its got to be one of the best martinis I have ever had!  The host guaranteed we would like it and we did.  I watched the bartender make it and tried to remember... I couldn't find blood oranges so I had to settle for navel oranges.  It might need a little more jalapeño, but I was pretty pleased with the result.


4 thin slices jalapeño pepper 
2 oz grey goose l orange vodka
1/2 oz simple syrup
2 1/2 oz fresh blood orange juice (2 oranges)
1 /4 oz fresh lime juice
1 oz cranberry juice
crushed ice

Remove the seeds from the jalapeño, unless you like it very spicy.  Muddle 3 of the jalapeño slices in a martini shaker, leaving last slice for garnish.  Add remaining ingredients and shake.  Serve straight up with the last slice of jalepeno.

1 comment:

  1. I had one at the Bombay Club in Big Bear, CA. An amazing cocktail!

    ReplyDelete